What We Believe
We are a Christian church.
We believe that God exists and that He created all things to love Him and be loved by Him. We believe that each of our own personal sins have separated us from God and from experiencing His love. Because it is God we have sinned against, there is nothing we can do on our own to make up for our sins or remove their effects. Because God is just and fair He must see to it that our sin against the eternal God is punished eternally. Jesus Christ (Gods Eternal Son) has done what we could not do though by providing a way for us to experience Gods love and forgiveness when He suffered punishment and death on our behalf, and this was confirmed when Jesus was raised from the dead. Jesus has done everything necessary for us to be forgiven of our sin by God. All we need to do is acknowledge our sinfulness, believe that Jesus’ death was enough to remove it and commit to following Christ. This is what Christians call the Gospel and it drives everything we do. We love because God loves.
- God exists. There is one true and living God. He has always and always will exist as three person in unity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Bible is God’s Word. It is divinely inspired by God. It is our absolute authority and source of truth.
- Humanity was created by and for God perfectly, but because of sin and disobedience humanity is by nature corrupt, sinful and eternally separated from God. Only by Gods grace and through faith in Christ can someone be given repentance and regeneration and be a part of the Kingdom of Heaven. Without the grace gift of regeneration eternal separation from God in Hell awaits the unrepentant.
- The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died to atone for mankind’s sin, was resurrected from the dead, ascended to Heaven and intercedes for His Church. He will one day come again and reign forever.
- The Church is made up of believers worldwide who were justified and sanctified through the finished work of Christ. They are secure as they abide in Him, and will be given an incorruptible body at the future resurrection.
- The practices of Baptism in water and of the Lord’s Supper (Communion) have been established by God to be kept until Christ’s return.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit with signs following was given by Christ as a grace to empower believers to serve, minister and glorify God.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit function for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
- The ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers function as Christ’s gift of leaders for the Church, equipping believers for ministry, unity, maturity and growth.
- Generosity is a privilege and a responsibility. This includes the opportunity and blessing of tithing to the local church.